The AAS are delighted to announce that we will be devoting our virtual seminar series in November to featuring the AAS rising stars of research.
Each session will feature 3-4 speakers, selected from abstracts and will be divided into:
- Honours Students
- HDR Students
- Early-Career Postdoctoral Researchers (up to 5 years post-PhD)
Abstract submission information:
- Abstracts should be no longer than 300 words and prepared using the template provided: AAS Rising Stars Abstract template
- One figure is allowed (graphical abstract or a single panel result) and must fit onto the single A4 page
- Both student/ECR and supervisor must be AAS financial members at the time of abstract submission
- To qualify as an Honours student, you must have been enrolled in an undergraduate honours program (or post-graduate equivalent research program of <12 months) in the past 2 years and not have started HDR studies prior to June 30, 2021
- To qualify as a HDR student you should be currently enrolled in a post-graduate degree with an extensive research component and not have submitted a thesis prior to June 30, 2021
- To qualify as an ECR you should have completed your degree no earlier than June 30, 2016, not including career disruption
Abstract submissions due: 10th September 2021.
The decisions of the judging panel will be final. Short-listed finalists from the accepted abstracts should be available to present in their dedicated session as follows:
Honours session: Thursday 11th November 1-2pm AEST
HDR session: Thursday 18th November 1-2pm AEST
ECR session: Thursday 25th November 1-2pm AEST
Winners will be announced at the AAS Annual General Meeting on Thursday December 2, 2021.
July 13 2021