2023 – Joint ASM with ANZMS and AVBS
Where: Adelaide Hills Convention Centre, 145a Mount Barker Road, Hahndorf
When: Sunday October 29 to Wednesday November 1, 2023
- A face to face meeting in the Adelaide Hills will bring together three Australian Societies with a vascular interest
- Great scientific program including the following international and national invited speakers
- Panel Discussion on The Future of Vascular Research to conclude the meeting.
- All presentations as orals (including mini-orals which replace posters)
- Awards for Higher Degree Students and Early Career Researchers
- Student Travel Grants for presenting students
- Networking opportunities with colleagues from around Australia and New Zealand
- Meals and social events included with registration
- Sunday: Afternoon Tea and Welcome Reception
- Monday: Breakfast, Morning Tea, Lunch, Afternoon Tea and a BBQ Dinner
- Tuesday: Breakfast, Morning Tea, Lunch, Afternoon Tea and the Conference Dinner
- Wednesday: Breakfast, Morning Tea
- The Annual General Meeting of each society will be held during the ASM
- Bus transport to and from the airport
- Mini-golf and Giant Chess!
- Close of abstracts – August 25
- Confirmation of acceptance – September 1
- Final program due – September 25
- Close of early bird registration – September 29
The Joint ASM Committee would like to thank the organisations who are supporting this very special meeting
- Amgen – Gold Sponsor, supporting all AAS educational activities
- Novartis – Gold Sponsor, supporting all AAS educational activities
- CSL – supporting the AAS Rising Star Awards
- Centre for Cancer Biology, Joint ASM Silver Sponsor
- Heart Research Institute, Joint ASM Silver Sponsor
- Lonza, Joint ASM Bronze Sponsor
- United BioResearch, Joint ASM Bronze Sponsor
- University of Sydney (School of Health Sciences), Joint ASM Bronze Sponsor
For full details, registration and abstract submission, please click here
2022 – Face to face meetings returned!
The 2022 Atherosclerosis Education Program consisted of Scientific Showcase Seminars (March – October), the FH Summit (October), the Annual Scientific Meeting (November) and the Clinical Masterclass.
Members may view Scientific Showcase Seminars and ASM invited presentations after logging into the member portal.
Those interested in familial hypercholesterolaemia may view the FH Summit recordings.
Clinical Masterclass recordings are available via this link.
We would like to thank our 2022 Atherosclerosis Education Partners:
- Amgen: Gold support of all activities
- AstraZeneca: Bronze support for the FH Summit and Clinical Masterclass
- CSL: Supporting the Rising Star Awards
- Novartis: Bronze support for the FH Summit and Clinical Masterclass
- Sanofi: Bronze support for the FH Summit and Clinical Masterclass
2021 AAS MasterClass
2021 Joint Annual Scientific Meeting
All 2021 meetings were postponed given the coronavirus pandemic limitations. However, the AAS ran weekly virtual meetings which members and guests were welcome to attend free of charge. Over 420 individuals logged in over the year to hear 59 speakers from across the Australian cardiovascular world. All sessions were recorded and are available to members via the Members Portal.